What is a Vernal Pool and who lives in them? Come explore our parkland and find out!
Splash, is an educational facility which hosts tours of the area, educating the public about the vernal pools, wildlife, and plant life in Mather Regional Park. Splash is located on Excelsior Road. Visit their website here: www.sacsplash.org.
If you want the convenience of living close to city life, and yet get yourfill of nature each day, Mather may just be the place for you and your familyto enjoy the serene living.
Some of the highlights of the area include…
- The neighborhood has two recreational parks with tennis courts, basketball, picnic tables and multiple play structures for the children.
- Close by and within walking distance, is Mather Golf Course. A municipal golf course open to all. More info at: www.playmather.com
- Mather Lake, located close by on Eagles Nest Road is one of the areas best kept secret fishing holes. Model Airplane enthusiasts find a place to play at the model airplane park further up Eagles Nest Road.
- Cordova Shooting Center provides a safe range for activities such as target practice and skeet shooting. More info at: www.cordovashootingcenter.com
- A great family activity is a visit to the Sacramento Raceway. Events include motocross, drag racing and more. Check their website here: www.sacramentoraceway.com